Charcuterie boards are really having a moment. It seems like everyone is making charcuterie boards and posting them on Instagram. I wanted to try the trend, but I didn’t have a pretty board to arrange all the bites. So, I pulled out a sheet pan and covered it with a layer of parchment and voila! I had a perfect canvas for all the delicacies I found at Eataly.
Here are some tips and tricks to create the best charcuterie board:
- Cut up hard cheeses into small, one bite pieces
- Position the cheeses first on the board
- Fill in open space with some sprigs of rosemary or any other fresh herbs
- Fill two to three small bowls with olives, jam or nuts (measuring cups can be used instead of bowls)
- Fold up the meats into fourths and curve them around round cheeses or bowls
- Cover a round cheese in a pie crust and bake until golden